The first General Assembly (GC) after the Kick-off meeting of June 2015 was held at GE office in Baden, Switzerland, on January 28th, 2016. In the first part of the assembly, each WP leader presented the achievements of the last six months and laid out the upcoming work for the next 3 months. In summary:
- WP2 – Business Development and Overall Economic assessment: The first deliverable on electrical pricing and country studies was completed and discussion with partners on how to integrate these in the dispatch optimizer was initiated.
- WP3 – Dispatch optimization and machine learning: The concept architecture of the dispatch optimization, integration of machine learning algorithms and possible implementations at the Evora Molten Salt Platforms were shown.
- WP4 – Weather forecasting: Selection of reference locations (including Evora) and exchange of available data has been done between involved partners. Work has started on the evaluation of different possible approached for deterministic and probabilistic weather forecast, as well as for DNI derivation from meteo data.
- WP5 – IT HW/SW implementations: Not started yet
- WP6 – Once-Through Steam Generator design: The conceptual design of a Once-Through Steam Generator for a full scale power plant (100 MWel) has produced a first reference design, including process, operating concept, dynamic behavior and equipment sizing. This reference design has been used as starting point for the derivation of the pilot OTSG design, with process, control and arrangement already at an advanced status of design.
- WP7 – Demonstration: The advancement of the site preparation project was reported. Design of OTSG and W/S skids is ongoing and a preliminary arrangement study is ready to undergo revision and improvement. A continuous review of Hazards and Operability (HAZOP) issues is carried out. Procurement of OTSG components is ready to start and tendering of W/S skid components and erection works is in preparation.
- WP8 – Evaluation and benchmarks: The literature review, methodology analysis and tool preparation for life-cycle and social impact assessments have been completed and are ready to be distributed among partners.
- WP9 – Dissemination and Exploitation: All communication and project identity tools have been prepared and deployed. The website is online and ready to be populated with information targeted to selected audience groups. Google Analytics is used to monitor access to the website and make sure its contents remain relevant and appealing to the public throughout the project duration.
In the second part of the assembly, the success formula of the Kick-off meeting was maintained: Break-out sessions were organized by grouping WPs with strong interlinks, to foster discussion, collaboration and provide an occasion to clarify objectives and align strategy.